- This page has links to databases for sequences, tools, workflows and plants.
- Some of these databases are for one plant species only; some are for a selection of species with tools to compare genome features.
- Most of these databases are linked to at least one other database by inputs or outputs.
- Databases are sometimes abandoned - look at the most recent update/release or news on the start page to find out if it is current. The ones in the links below seem to be active.
- There is no single standard repository for annotated genomes: these are held across various databases.
Sequences and genome browsers
- NCBI: Sequence Read Archive: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra
- NCBI: Genomes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/home/genomes/
- NCBI: RefSeq: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/refseq/
- European Nucleotide Archive: (a mirror of NCBI but with different search options): https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena
- Protein Databank: https://www.rcsb.org/
- UniProt: protein sequences: https://www.uniprot.org/
- Ensembl Plants: https://plants.ensembl.org/index.html
- JGI Phytozome: https://phytozome.jgi.doe.gov/pz/portal.html
- UCSC Genome Browser: https://genome.ucsc.edu/index.html
- TAIR - Arabidopsis thaliana: https://www.arabidopsis.org/
- Genome database for Rosaceae: https://www.rosaceae.org/
- Gramene - crops and model plant species: http://gramene.org/
- PlaBiPD - includes a chronology and phylogeny of pubplished plant genomes: https://plabipd.de/index.ep
- PLAZA: https://bioinformatics.psb.ugent.be/plaza/
Plants and morphology
- Flora of Australia https://profiles.ala.org.au/opus/foa
- Plant traits https://www.try-db.org/TryWeb/Home.php